106 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Steve Gray
Steve Gray
931 posts

Re: seasons not 24/7?
Mar 29, 2006, 10:32
"we don't all have a degree in physics."

Do I detect a note of inverted snobbery?

"I asked you for evidence on this one occasion because what you said was so unlikely. You side step the issue now by wittering on about beards. BSc?"

I am not side-stepping the issue; I am telling you that I did not and do not intend to provide any evidence for calendar-based crop planting. Some other poster introduced that concept, I merely referred to it as a way of maintaining thread continuity and of illustrating that leap year correction would be irrelevant from a viewpoint that did not sub-divide the year into fixed units.

I don't know and I don't really care how they decided when to plant their crops, but unlike you, I am willing to entertain speculation about it.

"Do you constantly (that word again) pick up on Kevin's absurdities to educate him or to ridicule him? This forum has much of the schoolroom about it. Any odd "new boy" is fair game."

I don't "constantly" do anything other than maintain my essential body functions.

However, I have engaged with Kevin on many occasions and have put forward serious proposals to work with him in objective evaluation of his claims, but he has consistently (there's a better word for you) ignored them. If I do on occasion ridicule him it is because he makes ridiculous claims that are not presented as speculations, but as "truths", known only to him.

Now, I intend to take morfe's advice and disengage from this increasingly troll-like behaviour of yours. Incidentally morfe, the self-satisfied 'Ha!' was not lost on me, but I chose not to make an issue of it.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index