Photography Competition

116 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Steve Gray
Steve Gray
931 posts

Re: Lifters
Nov 29, 2003, 14:13
You say: "I've churned through hundreds of pictures of this phenomena and will still maintain there are huge identifiable differences between those human made and those genuine crop circles."

This is an illogical statement. Since the only force that can be proven to cause crop circles is human activity, there is no way that you can have "identifiable differences", because you can't say which crop circles have *not* been made by human activity. Therefore you are not in a position to assign any differences that may be observed. The differences may have more to do with the techniques used by different parties of hoaxers than anything else. In fact many of the patterns that you have submitted in this thread in support of your arguments are know to have been created by hoaxers.

There are many strange and unexplained phenomena in our universe that sometimes require us to engage in bizarre speculation to take us nearer to an answer. Where I take issue is when people construct a belief system around such unsubstantiated speculation and present it as though it was the truth. Even worse is when they claim that they are the only custodians of the "real" truth and that mere scientists cannot possibly comprehend it.

If you can remember "A for Andromeda", you must be an old fogie like me (54). I remember there were those big glass things with electrodes inside that electrocuted some people but not others. Scary stuff for a young lad in those days. I'm not quite sure what it has to do with crop circles though and in any case it was only fiction!
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index