Photography Competition

116 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Steve Gray
Steve Gray
931 posts

Re: Photography Competition
Nov 24, 2003, 08:54
You don't seriously believe that crap you just spouted do you?

Crop circles are man-made. Everything other theory is bullshit. All the reasons that are put forward to claim that they couldn't be man-made can be shown to be either mis-guided or deliberately falsified. People seem to want to believe the effect is supernatural and so each bit of false information gets passed around until it becomes regarded as fact.

Many of the shapes I have seen are based on mathematical principles and yet they are very different from each other. If the effect was based on natural forces or energies, then the results are extremely unlikely to be geometric and even if they were, the geometry would not involve so may diverse generators (mathematical equations). Nature just doesn't work that way.

The only natural effect that comes anywhere near the diverity of geometry of crop circles is the formation of snowflakes. Their geometry is closely related to the crystalline structure of ice and the individual crystals can join together in a few different ways, giving rise to a large number of pattern variations. But the patterns are always of the same general type. You never see a snowflake made up of circles, spirals, Sierpinski triangles or Mandlebrot sets.

Any other theories that exclude both man and natural forces are even more fanciful.

Anyone determined to create a crop circle will choose a site that maximises the impact. That's why crop circles are mostly found near significant ancient sites.

It's the wrong time of the year at present, but I feel like going out and creating a crop circle that would set everyone thinking. I have a quite a few ideas that credulous people would find extremely difficult to explain. For example, I could create a pattern that didn't cross the tramlines and so had no apparent point of access. That would be taken as "incontovertible evidence" by croppies. Some scorch marks on the corn or a scattering of metal filings or unlikely chemicals would really set the alien brigade off.

Like I said once before, I defy anyone to show me a crop circle that couldn't have been creted by man.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index