116 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
BlueGloves
BlueGloves
858 posts

Re: Photography Competition
Nov 24, 2003, 07:20
Yes - but you're missing half of life.

A common sense approach would indicate that people produce empty crisp packets and ritually twisted pieces of man-sized tissues, articles of such geometric complexity, such as many of the crop circles, are practically beyond human ingenuity. The arrangement of the figures, which are so often next to large henges, is such as to be practically impossible. They occur throughout the world - wherever there are standing crops - but are concentrated in Britain, generally, and Wiltshire specifically. There has to be a reason for that. Society's explanation - students with planks - is bunkum.

Gerald Hawkins, no less, derived five new theorems from the geometry of the shapes. I used to trek around with this man's Stonehenge book in my rucsac (so I know to trust him). The influence of crop circle aesthetics on the original design of the henges must be considered and this is possibly a better explanation for the disposition of the Thornborough Henges, for instance, than the usual astronomical one. Whether the patterns occur like those of grains of sand on a drumskin and iron filings on a piece of paper, or are directed by an intelligent source, is a separate and different question.

x
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index