Photography Competition

116 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Steve Gray
Steve Gray
931 posts

Re: Crop circle heat patterns
Nov 26, 2003, 12:13
I ran a 3,500 acre estate in the '80s and grew wheat, barley, and oil-seed rape, so I know the characteristics of these crops too. None of your so-called damage is anything that can not be explained by human actions.

An understanding of mathematics is not a prerequisite for producing these crop patterns (though I suspect that the makers do have some skill in that direction). For example, the mathematics involved in predicting how to catch a ball is extremely complex, but a child of only a few years (and even a dog) can do it.

You seem to be prepared to reject real evidence in favour of the fanciful supposition that there is some unknown, immeasurable force at work that's beyond our comprehension. Now you could be right; my open mind is at least prepared to accept this as a slight possibility and if you could present some real evidence then I would be queuing up with the rest of the scientists to investigate it. The problem is that EVERY fanciful idea that anyone could dream up falls into this realm too. Are you suggesting that we accept the rantings of every lunatic on the planet? We have to discriminate and to do that we have to weigh the evidence. For me the evidence supporting unknown forces is so far non-existant and that supporting hoaxers is overwhelming.

That seems to me to be a pretty good definition of delusion.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index