Photography Competition

116 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
BlueGloves
BlueGloves
858 posts

Re: Crop circle heat patterns
Nov 25, 2003, 08:29
A low opinion of human beings is called Misanthropy - why do I have such a poor opinion of them ? Because we treat everything like shit. Arrive in a verdant forest and leave behind a desert. Half of us are moderately comfortable - the other half are starving. That is both cruel and unnecessary. I live at 'that halfway point' * of consumption (it's an artwork) and can see both above and below. To understand human futility I just look at cars - the biscuit tins on wheels.

This thread has shown me that to have, and to keep, an open mind is both rare and precious. I've not seen one crop circle and I'm certainly not a ufo spotter. By the time night falls when I'm in the field I'm generally too tired to spend more than a couple of minutes skywatching. Of course there'll be enormous polarity in the opinions of those that support something as spooky as this and those that don't. Truth, as always, is the first casualty.

Here's a link to Hawkin's stuff again - this bears close reading - http://www.sciencenews.org/20030628/mathtrek.asp

* The mean of 1960's France or contemporary Egypt. Measured either in megajoules or tonnes carbon dioxide.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index