caldervalium
caldervalium
516 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 28 November 2015 CE
Nov 30, 2015, 22:41
carol27 wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:
Kid Calamity wrote:
I don't own any Fall records. I tried to rectify this by buying that Peel Sessions triple album, when it someone here put a link to it on offer. Because I didn't download it straight away (due to WIFI/interweb problems) the link was gone, when I returned to it. Bugger. This a good place to start?

Sorry, I'll try again without the messed up quotes (bloody HTML)

Depends if you want something "easy" or something terrific :)

For an "easy" single disc, I'd go for 458489, the Brix-era A Sides. Lots of smart pop there, surprisingly. There are several "best of" compilations, I don't have it but the 2CD 50,000 Fall Fans Can't Be Wrong has a decent track list and covers the majority of their considerable lifespan.

For a more complete immersion but you'll need to repeat play, I'd suggest Hex Enduction Hour.

I like the early stuff - Live at the Witchtrials; Slates; Grotesque; Dragnet & Hex Enduction Hour.Yippee:)

I'm with you on that - the first few albums and EPs, plus the early singles are all bloody great. They lost the plot around the time of 'Room To Live' somewhat, and I'm no great fan of the poppy Brix era, but the last few albums seem to have marked something of a (rather uneven) renaissance.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index