Monganaut
Monganaut
2373 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 28 November 2015 CE
Nov 30, 2015, 01:11
keith a wrote:

A Kiss In The Dreamhouse – Siouxsie & the Banshees
The Rapture – Siouxsie & the Banshees
The Rapture, the final Banshees LP from 1995, is a long way from their classic debut, The Scream. The cold metallic thump and grind has been replaced by something warmer and at times much poppier (the opening O Baby has to be one of their most commercial singles but still only made it to number34). Obviously it’s not in the same class as the debut but it definitely has its moments, such Fall From Grace and the John Cale produced Forever which finds Siouxsie forsaking Metal Postcards and Voodoo Dolly’s as she sings “We couldn’t stay together, this couldn’t last forever” straight from the heart. And the 11 minute title track us definitely one of their most ambitious numbers.

Think the only Banshees album (for me) where there isn't much to enjoy is 'Hyaena'. I love Dear Prudence from that period, but the rest I still find unlistenable.

I recently bought the remastered version of Hyaena, just to see if my opinion had changed. It hadn't. Listened once and gave it to me daughter whose a bit more forgiving about it (prob cos' she's a massive Bob Smith/Cure fan).
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index