Topic View: Flat | Threaded
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6200 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 28 November 2015 CE
Nov 29, 2015, 09:32
Main repeats this week:

The Raincoats - Odyshape
Took me years to finally get this, until the recent reissue. Despite repeated plays this week it's a hard record to love. Very lo-fi and hardly a distant cousin of melody to be found. "Only Loved At Night" is quite lovely though, inhabiting a corner of the universe that Young Marble Giants lived in.

Johnny Marr - The Messenger
Nice enough Mod-ish guitar pop, with some occasional forays into something a bit heavier. I like his voice too. Not a life-changer, but will no doubt listen to it again.

The Wonderstuff - Oh No It's ...
A big improvement on the last two (which were terrible), not going to win any new fans but might make a few old ones happy. The bonus disc of cover versions of Midlands bands is sporadically great though.

Otherwise:

Lonelady - Nerve Up
Lonelady - Hinterland
Bjork - Vulnicura
New Order - Music Complete

Saw New Order live in Wolves on Tuesday, they were brilliant (although the sound wasn't so good at times). They opened with "Singularity" off the new album which I reckon is the best song they've written for 25 years. Lots of highlights, especially TPK, Temptation, Ceremony and especially "Lonesome Tonight" which I've never seen live before.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index