Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 28 November 2015 CE

90 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2373 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 28 November 2015 CE
Dec 01, 2015, 00:58
Weirdly, I've got a lot of time for The Top (well except the frickin' 'Catepiller Song'single and 'Birdmad Girl'). Some great tracks, 'Shake Dog Shake, Piggy In The Mirror', The Wailing Wall,'Give Me It','Banafishbones','The Empty World' and The title track, all amongst my fav' Cure songs if I'm honest. Saw em' tour it too, performances were a bit hit and miss (as were many of their gigs as I recall) and I think it came out as the patchy 'Concert' album. Tape version was the best buy, as you got a whole B-side of demo's and other live out-takes too.

The Glove album 'Blue Sunshine' was released about the same time. Now there's an album I adore in all it's trippy loonyness. Still wish Bob and Sever's would regroup for a 'phase II' of The Glove, but I guess it's very of the moment in terms of when it was made, and what they were both up to together (mostly, I gather from the Banshees biog) it was taking acid, watching The Prisoner/Blue Sunshine movie, and generally steeping themselves in all things 60's kitsch and psychedelic.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index