90 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9572 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 28 November 2015 CE
Nov 29, 2015, 23:15
Dragnet – The Fall
45 84 98 – The Fall
What with seeing them recently and reading Steve Hanley’s autobiography, The Big Midweek (and very good it is, too!) I’m on a bit of a Fall kick at the moment. So many great tracks that it’s easy to forget some like Choc-Stock off the former and Dead Beat Descendants off the latter.

Duniya – Loop Guru
The Third Chamber is beautifully chilled. If I was completing one of those questionnaires in Mojo which asks what is my ideal Sunday morning listening there’s a pretty good chance I would choose this!

You Are The Quarry – Morrissey
I Have Forgiven Jesus is probably my fave ever Morrissey track and Irish Blood English Heart isn’t far behind.

A Kiss In The Dreamhouse – Siouxsie & the Banshees
The Rapture – Siouxsie & the Banshees
The Rapture, the final Banshees LP from 1995, is a long way from their classic debut, The Scream. The cold metallic thump and grind has been replaced by something warmer and at times much poppier (the opening O Baby has to be one of their most commercial singles but still only made it to number34). Obviously it’s not in the same class as the debut but it definitely has its moments, such Fall From Grace and the John Cale produced Forever which finds Siouxsie forsaking Metal Postcards and VoodooDolly’s as she sings “We couldn’t stay together, this couldn’t last forever” straight from the heart. And the 11 minute title track us definitely one of their most ambitious numbers.

Hot Love 7” – T.Rex
I played too many singles to list them all, but both sides got a listen here. Bolan was on such great form at this time that he was able to put tracks like Woodland Rock and King Of The Mountain Cometh on a B-side and then move on.

Also...
If Not Now, When? – Blow Monkeys

Hunky Dory – David Bowie

Interpreter - Julian Cope
Black Sheep – Julian Cope

Who Is The Sender – Bill Fay

Music Complete – New Order

S/T – The Only Ones
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index