Unsung Forum »
Successful bands that you dont like

73 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Re: Successful bands that you dont like
Nov 14, 2008, 12:04
I think Oasis have written some good tunes...live forever, some might say, champagne supernova, wonderwall... all great tracks IMO. Even a few newer tracks to me sound OK.

Don't understand why they come in for such a bashing on this site. Maybe they don't cause intellectual stimulation or are not 'head' music but I personally think that rock bands, whose music hits the heart of the public is something that most upcoming bands could not achieve. Oasis have my respect because they were the only band who came out the Creation label roster who were not afraid to go all the way, risk credibility and appeal to the person on the street, not the indie fop reading the NME, unlike the rest of the groups who were signed to the label (maybe excluding Primal Scream).

As for the comment about the hilife nature about the Smith's guitar sound - i don't really think that this was intentional with Marr - it's something I've read music journalists mention before but I think it boils down to him simply playing in the same register/ high area as that sound. It's nothing like hilife music which is often based on repetitiveness.

As for Radiohead - then I can't be arsed getting into that debate again!

8)
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index