73 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Successful bands that you dont like
Nov 14, 2008, 11:25
keith a wrote:

Whaaa!!

The intro of This Charming Man is perhaps the most inspired piece of guitar playing in the 1980's. Obviously doesn't conform to rawk's limited viewpoint of what a guitar should sound like.

I despair.

You despair?!!

Keith dude, even for you and your anti-rockist stance on everything ever in the entire cosmos which seems somewhat at odds with you liking of Cope but I digress, that is some generalisation. Are you seriously telling me that the genre that spawned Hendrix, Page, Steve Howe, Dave Gilmour, Eddie Van Halen, Robert Fripp, Phil Manzera, Mick Ronson, MArk Bolan, Steve Vai, Brian May, Vernon Reid, Lyndsey Buckingham, Ernie Isely, Johnny Greenwood AND lest we forget Johnny Marr to name but a few has a 'limited idea of what a guitar should sound like"?!!

And that's not even mentioning the influences from folk players like Bert Jansch et al.

I'm not even a fan of all those above but even I can see that rock has more often than not pushed the enevlope in getting something out of 6 wires and a plank!

Really. And you with a custom Ace Frehely rocket-firing guitar in your dusty closet too.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index