Radiohead download...

80 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
postyesterdayman
postyesterdayman
931 posts

Re: Radiohead download...
Oct 19, 2007, 13:23
Fucking shut up!!! I'm talking to myself as much as I am to anyone else. Mr. Tripp made quite a few valid points that I believe are true but, unfortunately, he had that same assholish attitude that has doggedly pervaded most of the opinionated posts on this thread and others...but it's his right to come off how he wants, I just think a comment like 'your opinions are as irrelevant as your record collections" is antagonistic just for the sake of being antagonistic and, instead of emphasizing it, actually takes focus away from a very good point.
Here's the bottom line, and it's something people seem to forget often: MUSIC IS SUBJECTIVE. Therefore EVERYONE'S opinion is irrelevant, from the old fogeys stuck in the 6o's to the young cyber-critic with purple hair telling me feminist, French, surf-rap is what I should be downloading today! People talk in such absolutes, forgetting that their opinions are not fact! Opinions? Hell, you wouldn't think that's what they were from reading most of the posts around here. Everyone thinks what they believe is right and everyone else is wrong. Black and white. But that's not how it is and I just think it would do many well to remember that, while sharing your POV is all well and good, jamming your rhetoric down people's throats as if it were scientific law not only makes you seem like a self-righteous jackass but also dilutes whatever insights you may have that people might otherwise be interested in hearing.
There is no right, no wrong.....if someone says that Boyzone was the best group of all time, well, they were.....to them. That's what I love about music. A nice debate about differing opinions is great....just remember they are opinions.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index