80 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Oct 15, 2007, 13:51
Re: Radiohead download...
Oct 15, 2007, 11:57
Not true. I push hard because people prefer to believe the press release than look at what is really happening.

It's quite a good record. I have enjoyed some of their other records but they are not blazing some anti-capitalist trail against mega music corps. I don't hate the band I hate the spin.

Neither are they bringing art rock to the masses like a gang of guitar toting Tracey Emins.

Their new distribution arrangement is nakedly capitalistic. It's all about profit and it pisses me off when critics and fans prefer not to see what it is really about - shortening the supply chain.

Which is fine but they are no more worthy or subversive than Kiss or Metallica or ACDC. Some of whose records I also enjoy.

I just don't want their skills in the field of commerce pushed down my throat as a cultural big deal thanks very much. Any more than I want to hear ad nauseum about BP's green programmes or Tesco's commitment to organic food.

Why you've made a discussion about Radiohead's bona fides into a personal issue about my alleged jealousy of the band's success and thus my lack of a reliable critical perspective is a mystery.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index