Topic View: Flat | Threaded
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Oct 19, 2007, 07:02
Re: Radiohead download...
Oct 17, 2007, 14:25
postyesterdayman wrote:
..As far as me turning this into something that it is not, go back and reread your (vast amount of) posts on this and then think, "How am I coming off?" I am not trying to offend you, I don't dislike you. I do disagree with you on this but I was only responding with what I had been given to respond too, imo.

Ah whatever. We're all big boys and girls. Hopefully. One man's fan-boy is another man's brother in arms.

I am genuinely interested in debating what the economics of this really mean as opposed to what the pr machine wants us to think it means. If that's been too much information for some of the indie kids out there then mea culpa.

99% of rock and roll is contained within just so many degrees of orthodoxy in any case and the avant garde crowd is just as conservative in its own way as any other audience. Yet we declare the discovery of another Mozart every ten minutes. Radiohead in that respect are currently crowned World's Tallest Pygmy. The greatest unlistened to rock and roll band in the world. Hurrah for them.

Yet when it comes to those who would champion Thom Yorke's music as a vehicle to stimulate any kind of serious thought, let alone the most minute social change, I say "Senator, you're no Jack Kennedy".
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index