Radiohead download...

80 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
postyesterdayman
postyesterdayman
931 posts

Re: Radiohead download...
Oct 18, 2007, 14:28
First, I am no 'indie rock kid', I am a nearly 30 year old man who listens to very little indie rock (Radiohead has been a major label band for their whole career). This doesn't make me 'hipper' or whatnot, it's just how it is. Second, if you are inferring that I may not be able to intellectually keep up with your arguments about the 'economics' and the 'pr machine' then you are wrong, and you are condescending in that back door way people who fancy themselves true 'thinkers' often are. Your argument having been defined most recently as about the economics of the Radiohead download is very, very fuzzy and all over the place...your posts have been about many different things and, while you do mention the corporate whorishness of the whole affair many times, to say that they have been about a concise and singular issue is wrong. Your personal rage against the machine has challenged the artistic integrity and worth of Radioheads music, the overlooking of, in your opinion, better groups, the falsity of major label press releases and, oh yeah, the economics, amongst a lot of other things that I do not have enough time (or will) to go and look up at the moment.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index