drop bombs, not acid....

60 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Re: drop bombs, not acid....
Oct 26, 2008, 10:16
the dog wrote:

I am a plumber by trade and a general builder for the most part. If someone with little money wnts me to change a tap washer, for instance, my fee is a cup of tea and a biscuit if they are available, no call out fee, no charge. This is just one example of many. I spend a reasonable amount of time each year in the pyrenees, on a goat farm where I work for food and a room, nothing else. while down there I will do odd jobs for other local small holding farmers and get paid for that work with cheese, meat and sometimes honey, that I then share with the people I stay with. This is my ethos and I try and stick to it where I can.

I take it unlike many of us you don't have any children you have to tag along with you...or if you do my apologies, but I know I'd struggle.

What you do sounds rather interesting and free but don't fool yourself into believing it's anything other than a lifestyle choice, and fair on you for it, but as that's what it is it really does not give you the right to condescend to others who are honest enough to say 'this is the world they live in'.

You've put some disclaimers up saying you hate capitalism etc, which when it's at it's most rampant we all do (really), but you're supporting the capitalist system just by typing at your computer FFS (even if it's in the Library, Gates or whoever still gets the dough), you're really not 'rejecting' very much as far as I can see.

As for bartering...if ever you take ill (as I seriously did as a child), and you need emergency care I wonder what the going rate for a kidney transplant would be.

Skills swapping etc can work well on a small scale I know, and I think it's a very interesting idea, but in *reality* that's as far as it can be used.

People can, do and are living with with all the 'trappings' and still doing the decent thing and I think you know it really.

x
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index