drop bombs, not acid....

60 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re: drop bombs, not acid....
Oct 23, 2008, 18:09
I don't think you're being nihilistic. I just think you're exhibiting a perfectly understandable weariness with the apparent inability of our democracies to actually represent us.

But it does matter who you vote for. It's very unlikely you'll get everything you want from any particular candidate, but it matters.

There will never be a 'perfect candidate' in this imperfect world. But you know as well as I that there are complete bastards who are working night and day to seize more and more power away from us. Unless you get out and vote for AT LEAST the lesser of two evils, you are empowering the worse of them by your self-omission in the process.

I think some people are of the opinion that a vote for an imperfect solution is akin to selling one's soul. I think that's a very extreme position to take. It's an all-or-nothing philosophy.

There is no shame in casting a strategic vote. And afterwards, when the less odious candidate wins, there is no reason why pressure cannot continue to be applied for reform. My argument is that an Obama White House will be more open to it than a McCain White House.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index