60 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re: drop bombs, not acid....
Oct 23, 2008, 21:26
the dog wrote:
you talk about the lesser of two evils, which still makes your vote a vote for evil or simply the wrong vote.

Are you saying we shouldn't bother voting, or vote for a candidate that we know will only catch a single digit percentage? Either way, it only serves the greater of the two evils.

the dog wrote:
The worst antagonist is the world bank, or banks in general.

Not disputing that.

the dog wrote:
Smash the banks, regain control of our own lives and give the world back to the people.... A solution that is impossible to attain as the concept has taken us all over as we lay down and accept it. Stand up and fight the system in whatever way, no matter how insignificant, that you can

Smash the banks? Do we go back to a barter system? How many of us could survive in such a world? How many of can grow our own food? Do we have anything to trade? How many of us would starve in such a scenario? How many of us would be landless, destitute? The actual difference between our perception of how bad things are and how truly atrocious they could be is a disconnect that I don't think most people can, or want to, contemplate. Freedom... what does that mean in the context of your proposal? Freedom to be cast into uncertainty, back-breaking labor, crumbling civilization?

I realize that Capitalism is responsible for some parts of the world being like this now. Is that the fault of Capitalism in general, or is it the fault of deregulating the system and allowing it to rampage it's way across the world unfettered?

Obama's agenda is to regain some oversight over the banks and make sure that the bankers aren't allowed to threaten the world with impunity.

Even if he only gets some of what he promises done, that's a step in the right direction.

I have to agree with Shanshee... valiant rhetoric about revolution has to be matched with real plans for the aftermath, or it's all just wind.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index