drop bombs, not acid....

60 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Re: drop bombs, not acid....
Oct 25, 2008, 03:00
As I said when I waded in, I was wary about stepping back on this particular roundabout. It does tend to get very personal, and I really don't like bad feeling.

I get much inspiration from this site. I read the articles in the U-know section, http://www.headheritage.co.uk/uknow/ and they broaden my knowledge and understanding of the world around me. I read the activism links that people like Stevo and Merrick post, and they strengthen and renew my resolve to keep fighting the good fight. I read posts by people like stray and grufty jim, and can only gaze in envy at their abilies as writers.

To find truly inspirational figures, I think you have to look to those that were prepared to step away from the common wisdom. They didn't always have answers, but they generally always questioned. I wonder what Bill Hicks would have made of the current Presidential race. I note that Noam Chomsky categorised the US as a one party state with two vying factions of the same big business party. I think he and his words will live on long after those of most of his contemporaries are forgotten. Perhaps he will be voting Obama as the lesser of two evils, given that he has no other effective option. Who knows?

Anyway, as I said, I really don't like disagreeing with you Dave. I think we're both on the side of the angels, even if we don't always agree on everything.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index