92 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Re: A Test!
Nov 12, 2013, 16:57
tiompan wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
I'm not sure I need to ask, but why are so many dowsers opposed to testing?

Some are confident enough and happy to accept the opportunity to show their abilities but don't do any better than expected by chance . That is not what is to be expected fom something that has been called a an "art" or skill . maybe that is the reason , experience ,although they may well suggest something else like ,it's demeaning or egotistical .This seems at odds with their usual behaviour as they the whole thing seems to be about the individual dowser , not the dowsed . There is little doubt they would love to find stuff , whenever any "treasure " is found you'll find the dowsers in the area along with the detectorists .
In every other area of human achievement anyone with a skill or practiced in an art are capable of demonstrating it to their peers and any one interested ,they may have an off day but will make up for it if they are sufficently skilled . It is possible to judge that ability but how do judge a dowser ? , if not by results , or in the case of those who dowse" subtle energies " and don't profess to find anything substantial ,how do tell the difference between the "talented " and someone lacking in any skill ?

It's always been a mystery to me. As I said before, if I was confident I could dowse hidden objects i'd be only too happy to be tested. As long as the test accounted for, as you mentioned, an off day, which anybody can have, whatever their particular talent.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index