92 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Re: A Test!
Nov 12, 2013, 16:17
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
Do you know what Nigel, i'm sorry but reading the stuff over on the pump, I don't think I want to be involved with these people. I'm genuinely interested in an investigation into dowsing and its possibilities, but here it always seems to be a waste of time for all of the reasons you yourself know so well.

There is nothing wrong with attempting rational conversation about the subject, or asking for some evidence for what are, lets face it, quite incredible claims. Its basic sense.
The people were dealing with here are quick to promote their weird and wonderful story books and otherworldy talents, but slow to show one grain of integrity, simple decency, with people who (probably against better judgement) have shown interest and given them a marvellous platform to show everybody how its done.

I'm still interested in the subject, but would prefer to pursue enquiry elsewhere.

With the exception of headfirst I wouldn't judge all proponents by what is commented on the forums here E.D. , particularly if it is an attempt at humour .

Some comments from a moderator of the BSD a few years ago in relation to archaeo dowsing were surprising and encouraging although he did seem opposed to testing he was however questioning basic assumptions and seemed open to dialogue .
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index