Dowsing forever!

92 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: A Test!
Nov 12, 2013, 13:55
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
In all honesty, this sounds like a great idea. I'll definitely come along for the day, if its a day, or if its going to be something set up for people to try to find over a longer period, i'd like to be involved in some way. (Not dowsing I might add!) Although I suppose the more people are involved in the setup, it could harm the integrity of the test.

Well you're more than welcome to be involved as much as you want. The less I am the better as if Beelzebub was a rationalist I'd be accused of being him. All I'd like is to be involved in the design of the test. I'm acutely aware that the best of them are accused of being tricks to make dowsers fail and the worst of them are so slack that it's hard to fail.

So I think we should discuss devising a fail-safe test, excluding all the things that have caused complaints from either camp in previous tests.
I think that may mean finding a large area in which to place a target and then none of us going near it and waiting for someone to find it, perhaps for months.

Then, doing it again with that person and a few others (same format, different place, different setter-upper) and maybe again.... ! If a 3 times winner emerges he/she will be, well, a person of interest!
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index