The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Dowsing forever!

Pages: 10 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nigelswift
8112 posts

Dowsing forever!
Nov 11, 2013, 11:59
Hey Eds, how about reserving the locking function to yourselves?

"If a thread is started and gets hijacked so that it no longer contributes to that original thread than the original poster has every right to lock it as you well know."

That's a new one on me. And cobblers.

More like "if I've posted stuff I wish I hadn't and my tree-hiding egger-on has too, locking is a good way of making it all fade away! ....
Mustard
1043 posts

Re: Dowsing forever!
Nov 11, 2013, 12:01
nigelswift wrote:
Hey Eds, how about reserving the locking function to yourselves?

Seconded. And some proactive moderation would be nice.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Nov 11, 2013, 12:09
Now don't start saying other stuff as if a thread is started and gets hijacked so that it no longer contributes to that original thread then the original poster has every right to lock it as you well know - NOT.
Mustard
1043 posts

Nov 11, 2013, 12:14
nigelswift wrote:
Now don't start saying other stuff as if a thread is started and gets hijacked so that it no longer contributes to that original thread then the original poster has every right to lock it as you well know - NOT.

Can you stick to the original thread subject of dowsing please?
nigelswift
8112 posts

Nov 11, 2013, 12:21
Sorry. There may not be much response as the pro camp has decamped using the usual pretext.

Maybe we could use a baited hook....

"Randi blew a big hole in the whole business and they've never quite got over it."

;)
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Edited Nov 11, 2013, 13:13
Nov 11, 2013, 12:22
nigelswift wrote:

More like "if I've posted stuff I wish I hadn't and my tree-hiding egger-on has too, locking is a good way of making it all fade away! ....

Plus..

"Oh Jeezus, how saintly. Unfortunately though, since a number of people here suspect someone wound Roy up while hiding behind a tree - and why - virtuous posturing about forum behaviour doesn't exactly tell the whole story".

That's all very interesting Nigel, but of course until you can supply proof of that ridiculous claim in its entirety, like you insist everyone else should to prove a claim, then it's really best to keep quiet.

So, please reveal who this person is leading me on and who the 'number of people' are that suspect me of being egged on. Facts please, all of them and all named. In other words, put up or shut up!
Mustard
1043 posts

Nov 11, 2013, 12:34
Sanctuary wrote:
nigelswift wrote:

Plus..

Oh Jeezus, how saintly. Unfortunately though, since a number of people here suspect someone wound Roy up while hiding behind a tree - and why - virtuous posturing about forum behaviour doesn't exactly tell the whole story.

That's all very interesting Nigel, but of course until you can supply proof of that ridiculous claim in its entirety, like you insist everyone else should to prove a claim, then it's really best to keep quiet.

So, please reveal who this person is leading me on and who the 'number of people' are that suspect me of being egged on. Facts please, all of them and all named. In other words, put up or shut up!

Just for the record, this element has gone completely over my head, and I have no idea what either of you are talking about.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Nov 11, 2013, 12:37
I recognise the prose style ever so well Roy (and the lack of denial!)

Tell you what, if you get your map dowing contact to undergo a proper test I'll see if I can persuade my contacts to reveal their names.

Please don't divert the thread further. It's about DOWSING! I'm surprised that someone with your strong views on thread discipline should be guilty of subversion. It's MY thread, not yours!

;) ;)
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Nov 11, 2013, 12:49
nigelswift wrote:
I recognise the prose style ever so well Roy (and the lack of denial!)

Tell you what, if you get your map dowing contact to undergo a proper test I'll see if I can persuade my contacts to reveal their names.

Please don't divert the thread further. It's about DOWSING! I'm surprised that someone with your strong views on thread discipline should be guilty of subversion. It's MY thread, not yours!

;) ;)

Nice cop out Nigel, just what I was hoping you'd say and tells me a lot about your sincerity. I have no intention of spoiling your dowsing thread don't worry, just wanted to see how straight you were in your beliefs. I know now. I won't be opening this thread any more so don't bother responding to me further.
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Nov 11, 2013, 12:58
To be fair there is only one poster who believes in the efficacy of dowsing but is unwilling to say anymore . Another who in the absence of any knowledge about the subject copied and pasted the oft repeated error ridden stuff from a dowsing web site and failed to respond when this was pointed out , other than by being rude and accusing me of doing the very thing he was guilt of .

I hope I'm wrong but I doubt there is much hope of a debate about the subject .
Pages: 10 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index