Sites...but no info

133 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
whatisthat
255 posts

Re: Sites...but no info
Sep 29, 2006, 17:33
Littlestone wrote:
This is not a question of 'going on about nicknames' it is a question of the offence the word 'swastika' causes to others on this Forum and the disruption it generated a year or so ago (before you started posting here if I believe). If I may quote you from above, "A two second glance at Swastika Girl's profile and postings would have divested you of this notion." I suggest you take a slightly longer glance at the posts made here by Mike Croley - you may find they divest you of the notion that the word swastika does not cause offence here.

You may wish to continue this debate, I for one am not going to be drawn into another fruitless exchange over a word that has caused such misery and fear and, in the end, propagates nothing other than negativism.

Then say it out loud, Littlestone - 'I don't like the word'. Nigel said it. Better that way than assume the voice of the community. I'm sure SwastikaGirl would change her nick if even one or two people didn't like it by expressing their 'personal' view.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index