Topic View: Flat | Threaded
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Edited Sep 29, 2006, 16:30
Re: Sites...but no info
Sep 29, 2006, 16:17
Thanks... :oD

Alrighty - from what I can gather, the disputed antiquity thingy is exactly what it says! Don't get upset by it - some of mine have it too! And plenty of others' do! It really is for sites that aren't PROVEN to be of the era that TMA adheres to..!

I'd love to post all my wells here, but as most of them have no archaeological evidence to place them within the TMA remit, they are considered dubious until proven otherwise... Believe me - if the TMA Eds didn't LIKE something you've posted, it'd be gone, not just marked as disputed! :o)

Under "Submission Guidelines" (http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/submission_guidelines/) it states:
"The Modern Antiquarian focuses on megalithic sites and the ancient (i.e. prehistoric) landscape. This means we are not interested in Roman sites, Dark Ages sites, churches etc. unless they have clear prehistoric provenances (and you are prepared to tell us about them)."

So it's up to us to try to prove their antiquity (not easy - or indeed possible! - but all part of the fun)

Hope that's cleared it up a bit.

G x

PS - I love wells, and... I'm male!
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index