122 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Steve Gray
Steve Gray
931 posts

Re: Your Imagination
Sep 10, 2003, 08:23
This is all getting very hypothetical.

Austin said originally, "The stones do serve a purpose energetically". He didn't say "MIGHT serve a purpose", he didn't say "I think...", he stated a fact and chose to ignore 4W's reply which now seems to have mysteriously disappeared from the thread, but was something like "That was a *bold* statement. Can you justify it?" 4W didn't say "That's rubbish". He didn't say "Ley lines don't exist", he just asked a very pertinent question.

I only "believe" something if I have a good deal of evidence to support that belief. Everything else is subject to constant review; even my beliefs can be re-assessed in the light of new evidence. Evidence does not have to be hard scientific fact. For instance, I know (and therefore believe) that I can dowse because I have done it successfully and so have many others, but I can't explain how it works. On the other hand, ley lines might exist; there is the distinct possibility that ancient structures where built on naturally occuring (dowsable) lines such as geological faults. But a statement like Austin's "The stones do serve a purpose energetically" is just an idea out of thin air. Where is his reasoning? What purpose do the stones serve? Who's purpose? What kind of energy? It would appear that he just thought up an idea and liked the sound of it.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index