The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
energy grid ?

Pages: 13 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
austin mcsherry
2 posts

energy grid ?
Sep 05, 2003, 10:24
i`m very curious about the implications of the stones as regards ley lines with a view to repairing damage done .the stones do serve a purpose energetically .i wonder if this is widely recognised????any literature about the subject would be very usefull.anyone help?
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Re: energy grid ?
Sep 05, 2003, 10:41
Try the online version of Tom Graves' 'Needles of Stone' - it's not a bad book really, discusses this sort of thing without Doing A Devereux.
http://www.isleofavalon.co.uk/GlastonburyArchive/ndlstone/00contnt.html

(fourwinds, just leave me alone)
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Sep 05, 2003, 11:27
Leylines eh? That's baptism by fire in most quarters around here. So, before I start ...

... Welcome to the TMA forum on HH. No matter what we (or others say) we're a kind hearted bunch with a love for stones and the landscape.

Now that's done:

"the stones do serve a purpose energetically"

That's a *very* bold statement. Show me your proof please.
Steve Gray
Steve Gray
931 posts

Sep 05, 2003, 14:43
Hmm... I don't like to lend encouragement to this obviously misguided individual, but...

Like you FW, I don't hold with this sort of mumbo-jumbo proof-less assertion of so-called "facts" that seems to infest "New Age" thinking. I am a scientist by training and as such I remain highly skeptical in the absence of reasonable evidence. However, I have used dowsing successfully on many occasions to locate water courses, drains, etc. So, given such first-hand evidence, I have to believe that there is a reasonable scientific explanation for the dowsing phenomenon.

Experiments were done about 30 years ago (sorry I don't have the references) to try to determine just what the dowser (or his apparatus) was reacting to. The conclusion was that the body of the dowser had a reaction to small thermal variations and that these reactions were concentrated at the base of the spine. Minute "twitches" in the muscles of this region are amplified by the length of the spine and arms and detected by the finely balanced apparatus that the dowser is holding. The apparatus is really unimportant; anything that involves a critical balance will suffice (even plastic coathangers, FW ;-)). I can do it by just putting my outstretched hands palm down with the tips of both forefingers touching and then pressing my thumbs together so that they are at the point of springing upwards.

It is my theory that there is a small, but continuous flow of heat energy from the earth's core (the mantle is surprisingly thin when compared to the size of the Earth) and that underground phenomena like streams, fissures, archaeological remains, etc. interfere with this otherwise uniform energy flow to produce a sort of "heat image" of what's below the surface. The images would be very faint and there is much background noise from air currents, etc.

I think that one reason why scientific instruments are unable to measure this effect is similar to why computers cannot recognise speech in a noisy environment, like a party, and yet humans can (at least some of the time). The brain is extremely good at recognising patterns and can do so in the presence of an amazing amount of background noise.

So, in my view it's not magic and it's not some mysterious energy possessed by the stones themselves, It's just heat. I wouldn't mind having a go with an ultra-sensitive thermal imaging camera to see if it's possible to detect anything at all. The trouble is, I don't think TI cameras are sensitive enough, yet.

Having said all that, I can see no plausible explanation for people being able to dowse from maps.
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Sep 05, 2003, 15:02
After working on the design of Geo-phys equipment I can say that for me it's not "a heat thing", but "a magnetic thing".

Streams and stones make small deflections in the earths magnetic field. Sensitive muscles could react to this too.

I ain't poo-pooing dowsing. I just wish they'd accept the real explanation for what they sense. I have to have a well bored in a few weeks time, for which I will need a dowser.
Earthstepper
Earthstepper
353 posts

Sep 05, 2003, 18:03
I flirted with ley lines decades ago and rejected them. I read one of Devereaux's books as well and rejected him too - BUT I have dowsed and much to my surprise, mapped out buried drainage pipes in a field which was later verified from engineers plans. Totally blew me away and I haven't a clue as to why or how it works - but it does.
Steve Gray
Steve Gray
931 posts

Sep 05, 2003, 19:40
I came to the "heat thing" conclusion based on two observations. Firstly, water, especially flowing water is a very good absorber of thermal energy and would therefore cast a reasonable heat shadow on the surface. Secondly, I saw a demonstration of dowsing where someone had a mysterious wooden box with a switch on the top and a hole at one end that was covered with thick paper from the inside. The box was attached to a car battery. They put the box in a position near the edge of a field and turned on the switch for a few seconds. They then removed the box and sent in a dowser (who had not seen the box) to scan the field. He found a strong line extending across the field from where the box had been. This was repeated several times in varying directions and with varying amounts of time elapsing between the box and the dowser. The box was clearly laying (leying?) down lines in the field that the dowser could follow even many minutes later.

The contents of the box were finally revealed. At the back of the box was a car headlamp bulb and at the front, behind the hole was a sheet of paper with a strip of copper wire running from top to bottom diametrically across the hole. Apparently the dowser was detecting the shadow left by the coper wire on the heat energy generated by the bulb.
austin mcsherry
2 posts

Sep 05, 2003, 21:03
thanks pal .I will be ignoring the sceptics .life`s too short !(four winds)is it too much to believe that energy flows around in a universe composed entirely of energy?all matter is .......shanti .
BrigantesNation
1733 posts

Sep 05, 2003, 23:48
I don't think it's thermal Steve, otherwise how can some dowsers date artifacts? One I heard of recently dated 3,000 artifiacts and had her date verified on 80% of them. Don't ask me. I can't even dowse, but thermals sound like a blind alley. After all we'd be twitching all over the place, the local environment changes all the time based on wind, clothing etc. No dowser has ever said it was easier nude!
BrigantesNation
1733 posts

Sep 05, 2003, 23:55
The same dowser, that I mentioned, I thought I would test, so I took her to a place I know, which looks like the inside of a ruined buiding and asked her to plot it. She immediately asked if there had been a river or water course running through there. It was a filled in mill leat, completely flat, and now arrable land.

I look at dowsing in the same way I look at geophys, if it's helpfull, it's helpful. it's not reliable, but neither is geophys. Or rather, often our interpretation of the results are not reliable.

Not sure about magnetics either. Do we need to know why something works to accet that it does?
Pages: 13 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index