Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
a feeling : no really new music can be recorded any more.

113 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Re: a feeling : no really new music can be recorded any more.
Sep 02, 2008, 16:57
stray wrote:

The physics of sound and music production is however a more important skill in electronica than playing ability, definitely. Mind you, a mixer, decks, racks etc are instruments as far as I'm concerned, and can be played as such.

Dunno if you ever gave Saxondale a swirl (first series was wonderful, 2nd fell on its arse bar 1 episode), but there's a great bit where the character sneers to be a REAL musician you ought to have callouses on yer thumbs through 'hard graft', and that all you need to do all that 'dance bollocks' (meaning anything 'electric')is the ability to operate Windows XP!

Autechre have done of the most complex, intricate, intense sounds ever produced, and they manage to stay 'musical' with it. Ask Keith Richards to have a go and he'll brick it, yet I'm sure those boys, even without any former guitar training (dunno if they played before) could knock out Satisfaction in a day.

My favourite music is rarely based around a guitar, and always maintain great electronica is the most difficult thing in the wolrd (along with great comedy) to get right (and in each field, there is tonnes of cak handed nonsense).

x
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index