Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
a feeling : no really new music can be recorded any more.

113 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
stray
stray
2057 posts

Edited Aug 28, 2008, 12:36
Re: a feeling : no really new music can be recorded any more.
Aug 28, 2008, 12:34
Yeah, I agree with Hunter and I also think you're not looking hard enough ;).

Electronic and experimental music hasn't been as healthy as it is now since the late 70s imo. Still, I'm guessing you may probably lump all that into one genre and equally say 'Its nothing new' (I'm guessing by the way you threw the word ambient into that sentence). Thats fair enough, to some people 'weird' is 'weird' and thats it.

The important thing is though that good music is good music, irrespective of its genre. The quest for 'new' is fundamentally a path to madness, unless you do delve into the experimental electronic scene where many releases have new ideas. I could recommend things the like of which you've probably never heard before though; Maja Ratkje, Phonophani, Bernard Gunther, Scott Gibbons (Lillith work), but you may think it just weird at best, and not music at all at worst.

If you're looking for new and original things in Rock though, nope that isn't going to happen, not until most of those involved get over their futile quest for vintage kit/sound and learn something from the noise scene. Edit : Lightning bolt and similar being an exception.

While we now have kit capable of anything we imagine, we will, incessantly, have new and original music.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index