IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Oct 04, 2013, 15:45
Re: Regular Non obscure music
Oct 04, 2013, 15:44
Sin Agog wrote:
IanB wrote:
I am sure you must have wondered what someone else was hearing in something they love but is absolutely mystifying to you. Could that not be down to the fact that the actual activity of searching out and buying the artifact might be satisfying in itself and that the actual music could not help but be enjoyable with that kind of opiated thrill behind it?

Or...could it also be they just like something you don't like? They have different sensibilities borne from leading different lives. Stop trying to explain away other people's tastes because they don't match up with yours. The vast majority of music-listeners aren't feigning passion. They genuinely adore the music they love. This objectivism is objectionable. Every person is a different world.

Yes both is possible. Of course. All the time and that cuts both ways. People listening to mainstream music aren't faking it either. I am just saying music (even the cool bits) is not immune from consumerist impulses. I've been there and bought the box set(s) that now gather dust. As have most of us here have I would imagine.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index