IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Oct 04, 2013, 12:43
Re: Regular Non obscure music
Oct 04, 2013, 12:11
Sin Agog wrote:
IanB wrote:
That's what makes it interesting to us. If it is interesting to anyone else then that's a bonus.

That's the self-same attitude that fuels thousands of musicians today. And it's healthy, by gum! And, I believe, an evolution over most methods of yore.

Yes true but we probably put as much effort into getting someone on the Observer to write about the record as we did making it. And I am well aware of the double standard herein but if you are going to bother to get a load of people together to make a record and sleeve it and master it then you might as well make the same effort to let the world know about it. It's not about a review being an end in itself more a case of wanting to get shin your way up somewhere near the top of the pyramid of the self-releasers in the hope that a few people wave back.

Anyway I don't mean to be as rude or as full of bluster as I can come across but I think it is worth examining if the excitement of the quest for finding new things is standing in for the thing itself.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index