Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Robot Emperor
Robot Emperor
762 posts

Edited Sep 30, 2013, 09:09
Re: Regular Non obscure music
Sep 29, 2013, 22:21
billding68 wrote:
I often read the soundtracks weekly post and think Jeez does anybody listen to anything NOT totally obscure and unheard of? I mean
I listen to some off the wall stuff from time to time (residents,beefheart etc..) But Come on now it kinda seems like sometime people are just trying to out do one another by firing off some of the most random one off stuff they can dig up. Is anyone on this forum gonna fess up to oiwning a top 40 (recent) album? I dare ya people. I got dibs on te Sabbath (it hit number 1 here in the states). Lets see what ya willing to claim.

People often make the point here about the death of reliable Music Journalism that is truly without prejudices. Where can somebody go for reliable intelligence? Many people seem to wash up here and the hitherto obscure gets dragged into the light.

I dislike deliberate obscurantism but would not be wary of something just because it was obscure. Technology opens up everything, for right or wrong. Now more than ever before the obscure is seconds away from global exposure... which will never happen... but it could.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index