105 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Charlie2300
Charlie2300
412 posts

Re: Regular Non obscure music
Oct 03, 2013, 21:29
Sin Agog wrote:
Yeah, I really don't buy this empirical view of the music world. If you think music is dead (or in stasis), you've got dodgy sources and should change them. The best album you've never heard has been made by someone somewhere this very day. The chances that you'll make a connection with it are slim- there's just too dense a sea of other media and flotsam in the way- but you'll usually find something almost as nice if you search for it, rather than sit back and wait for it to come to you.

Music's not so incredibly complicated and exclusive that the whole planet just suddenly forgets how to make it good for entire decades.

I can understand wanting to give up the fight for good new music. It's an increasingly time-consuming and arduous procedure, especially as you get older and the sources you relied on fall by the wayside. But it's too easy to comfort yourself with the idea that you happened to be there for its high-water mark which can never again be reached. That line of thinking is the proverbial wisp of draw that old, drowning men cling to.

...and I must say that the discovery of the next music revelation is greatly facilitated by HH Unsung. Something will turn up here sooner or later, generally sooner if recent months are anything to go by. I'd have disposable income if I didn't check out the weekly soundtracks thread.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index