105 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
stray
stray
2057 posts

Edited Oct 04, 2013, 10:00
Re: Regular Non obscure music
Oct 04, 2013, 09:56
You should end your posts with 'Now, get off my lawn". ;) Sorry to pull you up but what effort do you actually make to hunt out the huge amount of new and genuinely innovative music there is out there? I have never seen you post here once championing a release on a netlabel, or any netlabels. You whine in one direction yet at the same time seem to look to the traditional (physical) channels to find this innovative music that you seek, channels where there is an understandable risk aversion. It's not going to appear there. Moreover, artists who take risk know this and don't waste their time on the whole trying to get accepted there. Or they pull back their art in order to fit in, which isn't helping anyone. The environment that could allow someone to have the impact (and earnings, remember earnings were the artists real power then, thats what was required to give you creative freedom) Bowie and Iggy and.. (insert who you like who was innovative and crashed into the widely visible culture) is long gone and will never return, and that is a good thing.

Solus 3 is good stuff, but I don't hear in it at all what you seem to be striving to find. The first risk that must be taken is in the work after all. I worry that you're just jaded, stuck in a negative mindset, and refuse to acknowledge that the creative reality may actually be different somewhere. Seriously, are you saying you've stopped looking because the channels you expect to find the 'good music' have dried up ?
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index