105 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Oct 04, 2013, 13:36
Re: Regular Non obscure music
Oct 04, 2013, 13:07
I can only assume that this personal attack means you have taken my points as a personal attack too (which was certainly not intended). I have to say I am somewhat flabbergasted that you would hold this view given our previous meetings and correspondence.

What I can tell you is that I would never try and extrapolate a fixed idea of what drives your creativity or personality (or the creativity or personalities of a bunch of other people that I have never actually met) from the method with which you have chosen to make and distribute your music.

Does this mean striving for music to be heard in the mainstream media (rather than waiting for someone to stumble over it) is somehow a political failure and does that mean that those who do try that route have to take what results from that effort at face value and wholly uncritically?

It is almost as if you find the effort in some way cowardly or perhaps as a cultural betrayal. If so then I find that to be a fairly odd perspective for someone who likes something as nakedly consumerist as rock n roll.

But of course forming and maintaining an improv-based collective with seven other people and a pinhole photographer was completely motivated by a quest for money and critical recognition. It's the obvious route anyone with those ambitions would take.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index