105 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
riverman
riverman
845 posts

Re: Regular Non obscure music
Oct 01, 2013, 07:58
billding68 wrote:
I often read the soundtracks weekly post and think Jeez does anybody listen to anything NOT totally obscure and unheard of? I mean
I listen to some off the wall stuff from time to time (residents,beefheart etc..) But Come on now it kinda seems like sometime people are just trying to out do one another by firing off some of the most random one off stuff they can dig up. Is anyone on this forum gonna fess up to owning a top 40 (recent) album? I dare ya people. I got dibs on the Sabbath (it hit number 1 here in the states). Lets see what ya willing to claim.

There is such a huge quantity of music out there I could never have the time or money to investigate more than I currently buy. My listening isn't random it's carefully informed by a few sources I trust for my taste (some HH contributors, Cope and a few blogs). So that's not to say I wouldn't like something that is popular but I just don't feel the need to bother. Actually we tend to be bombarded with pop/indie everywhere we go these days and it's a blessed relief to get away from it.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index