105 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re: Regular Non obscure music
Oct 06, 2013, 19:45
Charlie2300 wrote:
This is all getting very personal and polarised, people. I dislike personal invective aimed at other members of the Unsung forum. Unsung contributors are, almost by definition, passionate about the music they support through personal taste...and that's cool. We all have our opinions and, by and large, they're all valid. Live and let live.

People get passionate about their side of an argument. Sometimes it slips into personal grudges.

I know a guy who left facebook because I challenged his warped assertions about how the earthquake that crippled Fukishima was caused by HAARP, Feminism is tyranny, etc.

Using crude youTube 'exposes' where longwinded amateurs would share conspiracies with other conspiracy theorists to build their arguments.

Sometimes an opinion has something to back it up with and can be articulated, and sometimes an opinion forms in some cauldron of emotionalism or hollow defensiveness.

I can get pretty passionate about the difference between a crude, reactionary opinion and a thought-out argument. I get pretty irate when someone tries to blow past the structured argument and move right onto 'because I said so'.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index