105 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Charlie2300
Charlie2300
412 posts

Re: Regular Non obscure music
Sep 29, 2013, 23:19
billding68 wrote:
I often read the soundtracks weekly post and think Jeez does anybody listen to anything NOT totally obscure and unheard of? I mean
I listen to some off the wall stuff from time to time (residents,beefheart etc..) But Come on now it kinda seems like sometime people are just trying to out do one another by firing off some of the most random one off stuff they can dig up. Is anyone on this forum gonna fess up to owning a top 40 (recent) album? I dare ya people. I got dibs on the Sabbath (it hit number 1 here in the states). Lets see what ya willing to claim.

You certainly raised a smile in the den. For what it's worth, I compose my soundtracks' weekly summary based upon what I've been listening to during that period. Honest Gov, it's true. As an illustrative example, I've got it into my head that there really is a Pysch Boom in progress and I've been piecing together a collection of psyche tunes accordingly. Hence my contribution to the soundtracks thread this week will reflect this...and a lot of the featured artists are obscure, forgotten or relatively unknown. Others are anything but obscure. That's the way it is.
At some point in the future, I'll no doubt be indulging in the likes of Neil Young (Harvest is such a record), but it's not this week!

Another point worth mentioning is that of the constraints imposed by limited disposible income. The HH Unsung forum threads regularly features artists that are/were hitherto unknown to me; some of these turn out to be 'right up my street' on the basis of youtube footage and discogs streams...and the cash follows. The Nisennenmondai diet is not cheap, but it keeps me happy lol. There's no money left.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index