74 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Davey_B
Davey_B
408 posts

Re: MBV
Mar 17, 2013, 21:34
elegant chaos wrote:

I was there on Wednesday and I really enjoyed most of MBV's set. I'd agree about the vocals. They were so low as to be inaudible for the first hour. (I was downstairs about 10 people back from Kevin Shields side of the stage). I don't know if the vocals being that low were intentional but they did get slightly louder a few songs from the end. That said the tracks were working fine for me as instrumentals.

The ten minute wall of noise was rather disappointing. I saw them in 2008 at the Roundhouse where they did a 20 minute version and where it actually seemed like they were making something interesting from the wall of noise and feedback. Wednesday it just seemed like a load of amps pumping out rather dull hums.

There seems to be a lot made about the volume of MBV. Every venue these days has limiters. It's not the volume it's the intensity of the sound. I struggle to see the point of ear plugs. "I know lets go to a gig and stick some foam in our ears so we loose the high frequencies and just hear a lot of muddled muffled mid range".
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index