MBV

Pages: 8 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
phallus dei
583 posts

Edited Feb 03, 2013, 05:40
MBV
Feb 03, 2013, 05:07
I guess miracles do happen - the new My Bloody Valentine album has been released. You can listen to it here:
http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/02/my-bloody-valentine-releases-new-album/
starbar
11 posts

Re: MBV
Feb 03, 2013, 08:45
New l.p. should be called 'isn't relevant'...20 years on and still peddling the same old mush!
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Feb 03, 2013, 08:57
Woke up to a million links to this. I guess the Saturday Night must truly be dead.

Dig it. Nice Noise Pop. Even like the fact that it's even got a sort of Lock Groove track near the end.

Can't say I'm a fan of all the Pitchforky baggage that comes with it- I probably relate to the Indie scene about as much as I relate to the Chilean Blackened Speed Bossa Nova scene- but pushing that all aside it's a cool thing to wake up to. Hopefully it'll proceed a healthy Shoegaze revival (think I remember hearing about something called Shitgaze some of you might know more than me about). New Disco Inferno album next, please!
Hunter T Wolfe
Hunter T Wolfe
1710 posts

Feb 03, 2013, 12:51
I enjoyed it; at first it was a bit meh, but it definitely picked up as it went along. That last track's good. I'll probably buy it, I can see it being a grower. Hopefully it'll be available in my local indie record shop.

Yeah, nothing earth shattering but no expectations let down; I wasn't holding my breath waiting anyway. Bit like losing your virginity- right, new MBV album, got that out of the way, lets move on...
keith a
9574 posts

Feb 03, 2013, 14:18
Hunter T Wolfe wrote:
at first it was a bit meh

My thoughts, too. I thought the first 3 tracks were pretty horrible on 1st listen. Still a bit underwhelmed tbh but hopefully it will sound better after further listens. It does seem to lack the beauty of Loveless though.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Feb 03, 2013, 21:38
Feb 03, 2013, 14:30
Pah! What a bunch of Johnny-Come-Lately indie-schmindie dreck!

It's just an inferior Limey remake of "Exploding Head" by A Place to Bury Strangers! Plus didn't Slowdive epitomise this genre on "Just for a Day" to the extent that any future competition would be left choking in the dirt anyhow?*

*Just kidding. Haven't actually heard it yet as I'm sitting in my local branch of Jack's waiting for a haircut. Will download on returning home.
ToneStone
ToneStone
1768 posts

Feb 03, 2013, 15:43
Its a classic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUc5y1NljXI
stray
stray
2057 posts

Feb 03, 2013, 16:51
ToneStone wrote:

Have to agree, thats the track that jumped out at me as well.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Feb 03, 2013, 17:06
Sounds a lot like MY Bloody Valentine to me. Can't say I'm whelmed, under or otherwise on first listen. Actually, who apart from KS, is in the band these days? Have some people come and gone? I know that Deb Googe is a graphics artist these days (did the Solus3 layouts innit)

Hope he doesn't keep us waiting as long for the 'Unplugged' album ;^)
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Edited Feb 03, 2013, 18:01
Feb 03, 2013, 17:16
"Where were you when mvb finally came out?"

I was asleep but I must have sensed something special was happening because I woke up six hours later.
Pages: 8 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index