Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9574 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 7 October 2012 CE
Oct 08, 2012, 22:03
IanB wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
Muse - The 2nd Law
This won't be popular round here I know, but I think it is brilliant.

Is this the first record of their's that you have liked? I saw the bass player on Later with the great sound and the built-in kaos pad and liked the mixture of Prince, Neneh Cherry and Queen. Is it all like that?

Yeah, that track was good wasn't it. I'm not really a fan of theirs tbh but I can see why some people like them. I remember seeing them on some Saturday morning kids tv show in their earlier days and being thoroughly impressed with their performance.

As for the music, well I liked the odd early single before they got too overblown for my personal tastes (though they always had those tendencies - even early on they reminded me of Queen at times. I recall expressing that opinion early on to someone who was into them and getting an expression in response that suggested I might be a little mad!!). Even Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want, surely one of the most subtle of songs, manages to sound overblown in their hands!

Their best moment for me though has to be Supermassive Black Hole which really does have a strong Price influence. It's like his Kiss being played by a white rock band with funky aspirations, but it works for me.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index