47 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Edited Oct 07, 2012, 04:41
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 7 October 2012 CE
Oct 07, 2012, 04:24
1) Codona - 3 .. ECM album featuring Don Cherry on trumpet and the late Colin Walcott on sitar, tabla etc. A very good record..... 2) Amon Duul - Yeti .. an old friend that still holds up pretty well ...... 3) Can - Lost Tapes .. thought I needed a break from this, still think some trimming would've been better, but there are some lovely things on it. I believe that Holger has custody of a lot of the live archive.. would rather like to hear it, pretty please ..... 4) Serge Gainsbourg - Histoire de Melody Nelson deluxe edition .. essential ..... 5) Robert Wyatt - His Greatest Misses .. Ditto. Can't fault it, apart from it not being a triple ..... 6) Patto - Roll 'Em Smoke 'Em .. I was too young to have seen Jimi, but did see Ollie Halsall a few times. Not much to choose between them, really. On a good day Ollie could run Jimi pretty close in the guitar madness and inovation department .. but he could also play piano just as well as guitar. So few people know of the man. Bloody heroin. http://www.olliehalsall.co.uk ..... 7) The Necks - Aether .. one of those records that demand patience and total attention. I haven't been able to give it enough of either yet. Played once so far, bailed out after a quarter of an hour. I wish that I could make seeing them live compulsory though ..... 8) Baal - No God .. one track, not an album. On a kraut sampler. Doorsy with a touch of Don in 'Blue Collar s/t' mode in the distorted vocals. Very good. Probably early '70's, but I know nothing about them apart from there being possibly two bands with the same name, and this one possibly not even being German. Anybody here the wiser? ..... 9) Little Feat - As Time Goes By .. still enjoying this after not playing it for years ..... 10) Smoke Fairies .. Through Low Light And Trees - still haven't got Blood Speaks, and hope it's as good as this, which doesn't need the skip button. Loved their gig a couple of months back ..... 11) Joni Mitchell - Shadows and Light .. once in a while I need to play Amelia, Hejira and Furry ...... 12) Orb/Gilmour - Metallic Spheres .. still think this is pretty good - have heard that the Orb's newie is too ..... thats all fer now, apart from a little bit of Furious Five and some live Jimi ....... ttfn
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index