47 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Oct 07, 2012, 17:48
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 7 October 2012 CE
Oct 07, 2012, 13:17
Magma - Live
Magma - BBC 1974. Uloo kahtra mobily obbly neeeee farh quark minooooop!
Splhito Magmatastic groknil Excygruagh Kooohl mab Whaaaaz!

Acid Mothers Temple - IOA Chant from the Cosmic Inferno / Nam Myo Ren Ho Ge Kyo.
Two superb slices of prime AMT extra-length wig out and, for a mere 89p (!) a pop on Amazon downloads you'd have to have a jelly brain not to have a sniff.

Firebird - St/Deluxe/No.3. Superb power trio retro-riffage
Jethro Tull - Storm Watch / Broadsword & The Beast.
Nope - Revision
Goat - World Music. Enjoyed playing this to a chum over ales on Friday night and watching him grin like a goon throughout.

Pure Reason Revolution - The Dark Third / Amor Vincit Omnia

Alphonse Murzon - Mind Transplant. Excellent fusion rockage with stellar twangery and widdlement from Tommy Bolin. (Thanks for the redux Ian!)

Lenny White - Venusian Summer. I was looking for some info on one of my fave all time albums, "Lenny White presents the Adventures of Astral Pirates" which is, in itself, a truly marvelous thing, and came across this earlier release to which I alerted the existence of to a friend, whom I thought may share an interest in said artefact. Anyhoo, it is a sumptious slice of funky fusion deluxe featuring, as you'd expect, some thunderously groovy drumming from the Neal Peart of jazzfunkfusion and some glorious guitar noodles and duels from Al DiMeola amongst other luminaries of the form. An album to indulge in as you pretend you're on the USS Enterthighs cruising the funky galaxy and spreading sexy space lurve baby.

Crippled Black Phoenix - Night Raiders / The Ressurectionists.
Gonga - II: Transmigrations
Bong - Beyond Ancient Space

Earthling Society - Stations of The Ghost. Woefully late to the party but like this a lot. Already become my fave Earthlings thing of the stuff I own I think.

Pythia - Beneath The Veiled Embrace
Bloodshot Dawn - ST
Wooden Wand - Blood Oaths of the New Blues
Gum Takes Tooth - Silent Cenotaph
Burnt By The Sun - Perfect is the Enemy of The Good
Rush - Clockwork Angels (mega!!!)
KISS - Rock N Roll Over
Smoke Fairies - Blood Speaks
Devil Driver - Pray For Villains
Omni Trio - Byte Sized Life

and live,
Smoke Fairies at the Deaf Institute on Friday which was lush, especially seeing a couple of my chums really enjoy the gig. Slack Panther was almost smokenapped by the Fairies and still hasn't forgiven me for not letting him go and live with them. Still, he did get to go to a beer festival the next day so he shouldn't moan really, the indolent wretch.

Have a nice week x
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index