Topic View: Flat | Threaded
machineryelf
3679 posts

Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives Weekending 19/03/11
Mar 21, 2011, 19:48
IanB wrote:
machineryelf wrote:
IanB wrote:

"Play Me Out" is Hughes in Stevie Wonder mode. It doesn't rock in a Purple sense but it does bring the fonk in parts. Really good blue eyed soul album with nads on. Like a rocked up Noel Mccalla / Moon(spelling?). I was already a big Motown fan at that time so I was not too phased when it came out on import but it's not "Come Taste The Band".

Trapeze are a bit over-rated overall but "Medusa" is a really good record and bits of "You Are The Music" ditto. Though by then they sound more like SNAFU than Purple.

Not overly keen on Stevie Wonder so I can avoid that, and I have always worked on the principle if I didn't hear it in 77-78 when I cared it probably wouldn't be worth hearing now so that's Trapeze sorted

Snafu, another great Roger Dean cover ruined by tedious pub rock IIRC, going to google it to find out which one, thank god Dean published Views, at least I was spared Babe Ruth.

I wasn't :-(

Bloody hell they were awful, just been wiki/you tubing various pre punk 2nd division rock bands, seemingly the entire brit scene 1970-75 was only there to provide band members for future Deep Purple/Uriah Heep/Bad Co solo projects
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index