Unsung Forum »
Soundtracks To Our Lives Weekending 19/03/11

106 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
flashbackcaruso
1049 posts

Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives Weekending 19/03/11
Mar 20, 2011, 22:42
Simon & Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water (Played off original vinyl just before learning that a tasty 3 disc deluxe edition is on the way).

MGMT - Congratulations (My favourite album of last year).

David Bowie - Aladdin Sane
David Bowie - Pin Ups

Kate Bush - Hounds Of Love

The Beatles - Please Please Me
The Beatles - With The Beatles (The new re-masters have made this 2nd LP surprising again. 'Don't Bother Me' and 'Not A Second Time' have been on repeat play - they are unexpectedly bitter and tough sounding so soon after the lovable debut).

Vangelis - Soil Festivities

The Beach Boys - Keeping The Summer Alive (Roughly 50/50 hit and miss; excellent late career highlight 'Santa Ana Winds' is undermined by being followed by Bruce's truly cringe-inducing 'Endless Harmony').

(American) Spring - Spring (Brian Wilson's wonderful 1971 production for his wife and sister-in-law. Overdue for a reissue, preferably in better packaging than the out-of-print See For Miles release).

Quatermass - Quatermass (Forgotten how good the strings are on this. For some reason there is the odd moment that reminds me of Jesus Christ Superstar, but it could be because singer John Gustafson played Simon Zealotes on the original LP).

Bee Gees - A Kick In The Head Is Worth Eight In The Pants (Bootleg of unreleased LP - contains some of their best stuff from this period, making it a mystery why Polydor passed on it. Hopefully Rhino will see fit to give it a proper release in the not too distant future).
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index