IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives Weekending 19/03/11
Mar 20, 2011, 16:10
redfish365 wrote:
IanB wrote:
redfish365 wrote:
Raingods isn't one of my favorite Fish albums... and that's why I pulled it out. That said, I love Fish and Fish-era Marillion to the point of having the Fish logo tattooed on my body. Sunsets is Fish's last really great album... but you're right about the spoken word stuff and about Johnny Punter!

Regarding Warning, the vocals ate why I like it. Most of the genre is plagued by that cookie monster vocals which I can't abide!

Fugazi and Clutching At Straws I love. Misplaced Childhhood not so much. Script sits somewhere in between. Then again I only got properly into the Fish era after going mad over Brave and Afraid Of Sunlight.

No love for Hogarth or a Barry tattoo?

Am American, was on a school trip to England which I turned into a record buying extravaganza! Saw Pallas and Twelfth Night on back to back evenings at the Marquee also). Kinda feel like liking Horgarth would be disloyal or something. My brother and some friends do like Hogarth era stuff... Brave is frequently mentioned as one I "need to give fair hearing to" but I really can't . It's complicated.

Superb story. Seriously good school trip. The old Marquee in Wardour Street was a real theatre of dreams in my teenage years. I would go straight to Happiness Is The Road and Marbles myself and come back to Brave but it doesn't sound like you are game for either. Full marks for commitment. I am old and still harbour a major Trevor Rabin allergy. Just the name sets me off ..
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index