Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives Weekending 19/03/11
Mar 21, 2011, 10:34
The Who – Sell Out
Motorhead – Bomber
Flaming Groovies – Flamingo
Fields of the Nephelim – Earth Inferno
Fugazi – The Argument
Free – Free absolute corker, wonderful album
Ministry – Land of Rape & Honey dug this out to see if I wanted rid of it, and enjoyed it so much it will probably make it into next week
Husker Du – Warehouse Songs & Stories
MC5 – Back in The USA not a wasted minute, a gem
PJ Harvey – Let England Shake still really enjoying this, bears repeated listening
Can – Ege Bamyasi never really rated this, was quite surprised at all the praise this got a couple of weeks back, still strikes me as a lesser part of the can canon
Celtic Frost – To Megatherion UNGH!
Dave Lee Roth – Eat ‘Em & Smile probably the best advert for Steve Vai this side of the PIL CD, wish I could find the interview where someone explained that when Vai,Sheehan and Coverdale were in Whitesnake they had their own individual areas taped on the stage trhat only they were allowed to enter and each had their own 20min solo spot to do with whatever they wanted
Boris & Merzbow – Sunbaked Snowcave
The Very Best of Doo Wop
Shades of Deep Purple
Ramones – Leave Home the best thing ever [this week]
Black Sabbath – Black Sabbath the best thing ever no2 these two are top of my list this week, almost certainly somethi g else will be next week
& a bunch of Yazoo,Thin Lizzy & JAMC 12 “ singles I found collecting dust in a corner
Late entry Mahavishnu Orchestra - Apocalypse I loathe all that Mahavishnu speedy jazz wank, and when someone pointed out they liked this on face I was fully prepared to pour scorn, but on listening I found that George Martin had sprinkled magic fairy dust on this , reigned in the faster than thou stuff and actually made a decent album, checked out the Emerald follow up, back to the jazzwank, still proof along with Gong Floating Anarchy that even the vilest of musicians have a decent record in them somewhere [except Paul Weller]
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index