Edited May 22, 2009, 12:05
Re: THERE IS NO 'NEW' Wooden Shjips LP, that's for sure
May 22, 2009, 12:02
Lonesome Cowboy Bill wrote:
Svejk wrote:
Svejk wrote:

Talking of The Horrors influences.........Rough Trade have the album as their album of the month and have a wall dedicated to it and their influences with music by the likes of Neu!, Can, Psychedelic Furs, Sonic Youth, MBV, La Dusseldorf etc etc etc. All done with little write ups of each album.

Now, if I was a teenybopping Horror head shopping in Rough Trade I'd be overjoyed to see all that on show and would no doubt delve into some of the recommended albums. I love the way that can happen.

As the man who wrote the descriptions on that very wall, it's gratifying to know that someone has taken the time to read them! Thanks very much - and yes, the hope is that Horrors fans might be persuaded into buying some Krautrock, Berlin-era Bowie or Post Punk/New Wave on the back of it. Not that I ever stop trying to get people into that stuff anyway, you understand - I don't need an excuse!
Love the Horrors album myself, by the way.

It's sterling work you lot do over at Rough Trade. Love the shop, everyone's helpful, always makes a lunch hour pass by nicely. I may have spoken or bought stuff from your goodself in the past.

The wall displays and stickers on cd's have got me into some great stuff in the past and long may it continue! It's great to think that someone going in to buy the Horrors album could also come away with a La Dusseldorf album as well.

Well, thanks very much. I was previously sporting an Allen Ginsberg look, now more of a Howard Devoto thing going on (according to no less a man than Andrew Weatherall, a true gent), so it's quite possible I've served you in there before!

A-ha, the Ginsberg look! Yes, you recommended the Lindstrom album to me when it came out last year. Great album.

One thing I have to ask, does an ex member of Loop work in the shop? On your staff picks wall there was a pic of each of you from your younger days and one of them was a band shot of Loop with the long haired bearded dude circled in red.

(going a bit off track from the Horrors here)

Yep, the Lindstrom album made my top three last year (alongside Earth and Matmos) - the new Lindstrom & Prins Thomas album is also pretty good, though I think the single (which isn't on the album) is even better.

Neil the bassist from Loop used to work in the shop, and in the Covent garden shop before that. I think he's planning on going back to New Zealand at the moment. I used to have a photo of myself as a baby on the staff picks wall, now I'm just the mystery 'blank space'.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index